“I love Salon International! I’m always so inspired after and this year I couldn’t hold it in," says Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care. "So, while in London, I created a disconnected, two-tiered cut with a 70’s influence for my friend and fellow stylist Tammy."
Check out the haircut in action in the video below!
Highlights From the London Inspired Cut
- Create three sections from front to back – top section will be longer so it falls over the middle section, middle section will be shorter than the top and the bottom section will be visually blended with a longer length around the edges.
- Cut middle section1 1/2-inch long.
- Blend short hair into the veil softly for invisible disconnection.
- Starting at the back of the ear, cut top section 3 inches straight across from crown to front hairline at a diagonal and over-directed.
- Carve out a soft line around the ear.
“This was so much fun – I love when the creative juices are flowing and I have a willing subject in my chair…especially when it’s another stylist,” adds Roche.
Look for other inspirational tips and tricks on www.ruthroche.com.