Grey and silver hair color, otherwise known as #grannyhair, was one of the biggest trends of 2015, and has continued to crop up atop the heads of trend-setters and A-listers in the new year. Color chameleon Nicole Richie (above, second from right) recently debuted her take on this metallic look, posting a photo of her new 'do on Instagram just before the holidays. No stranger to rainbow hair color, Richie rocks her lavender-based silver tone with wispy fringe and a closely-cropped cut.
Inspired by the Candidly Nicole star's shimmery strands, PRAVANA stylist Jamie Muniz created these formulas and techniques to recreate Richie's sophisticated, silvery shade using PRAVANA’s ammonia-free ChromaSilk Express Tones with VIVIDS.
FORMULA 1: ChromaSilk Express Tones in Pearl
FORMULA 2: 3 oz. VIVIDS Silver + 2 oz. PASTELS Luscious Lavender + 1 oz. VIVIDS Clear
- Pre-lighten hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and preferred choice of PRAVANA Creme Developer.
- Shampoo the hair and apply ChromaSilk Express Tones in Pearl and process for five minutes. Rinse.
- Apply FORMULA 2 from roots to ends.
- Process 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Shampoo with PRAVANA VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo and condition with VIVIDS Color Protect Conditioner for longer-lasting, more vibrant color.
- Rinse then dry hair completely. Style as desired. For added shine, apply NEVO Hydra Pearl Replenishing Hair Oil through strands.
Attention stylists! You can get new celebrity formulas like Nicole’s monthly on PRAVANA Connect! This professionals-only site also features free brochures, exclusive certification programs, head sheets, an online store for tools and merchandise and more! Simply sign up for free here at http://pravanaconnect.com.