For Stella McCartney's Dubai debut, Aveda Global Educator Bea Watson created thick and strong ponytails with smooth side parts. "For this event, we had to create an easy style that could quickly take you from work to your work-out," said Watson. "First, I added lightweight bulk to the model's hair by applying our new backstage staple - Aveda Thickening Tonic. We then secured hair either into a low ponytail for a stress-free, chic look or a perkier ponytail for our athletes in order to keep hair high off the neck with a fun, little swing."
How to Get the Look:
- Spray hair with new Aveda Thickening Tonic from roots to end, in sections. Comb through to distribute evenly.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush, using a nozzle to direct the air down each section.
- While the hair is still warm, part the hair on the side and clip behind the ear to set it backwards.
- Brush back into either a low ponytail at the nape of the neck or a perkier, higher ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with elastic.
- To hide the elastic, wrap a small piece of hair around and secure underneath. Spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for long-lasting hold and humidity defense.
- Use the pointed end of a fine tooth comb (on its side) to slowly smooth hair into the tail from front to back.
- Run a flat iron through the tail to smooth hair and ensure straightness.
- To finish, spray Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray into hands and smooth over entire tail.
[Images courtesy of Aveda]