Actress Allison Janney graced the 2014 People's Choice Awards red carpet looking relaxed yet polished with a loose chignon and side-swept bangs. Celebrity stylist Jill Crosby combined the look of an iconic Hollywood up-do with simple, clean, tousled elements to create the style that is both glamorous and laid-back.
Get the Look:
- In order to create Allison’s hairstyle, Jill began with straightening her extremely curly hair in sections with a 2-inch Boar Bristle, round brush and the T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer. EXPERT TIP: To create shine, use the nozzle pointing down shaft of the hair, keeping on the brush but NOT pressing into it.
- Jill then used a sheen serum along with the T3 Fahrenheit450 Flat Iron to create shine on Allison’s bangs and the edges around her face.
- To recreate the texture of the hair, Jill used the SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron with the clamp open on random pieces around the head to maintain a natural looking, rough style.
- Jill began creating the chignon by using her hands in order to keep a rough texture. She twisted the hair between her fingers until she sees a shape that she likes and then fastens the hair with 2-inch hair pins. EXPERT TIP: 2-inch hair pins are used in up-dos specifically in order to hold the weight of the hair more securely.
- Jill completed the look by applying a small amount of finishing spray.
Tools Used: T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer, T3 Fahrenheit450 Flat Iron and T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron
Stylist: Jill Crosby, Cloutier Remix Agency
[Image: Getty Images]