Help clients make a bold statement by taking inspiration from actress Sandra Oh bangin' new cut or by channeling their inner supermodels with eye-popping makeup à la Cara Delevingne.
Cara’s style recreated by Janeena Billera, Glo Skin Beauty senior global makeup artist and educator.
*Astericks indicate products not used by artist.
- Smooth complexion with a creamy, medium- coverage, demi-satin foundation to provide a natural sheen to the skin.
- Brighten under the eyes with a concealer.
- Keep eyebrows natural-looking by grooming upward with RevitaLash Cosmetics Hi-Def Tinted Brow Gel, then lightly fill in any sparse areas with a fine-tipped, wax-based pencil.
- Create a base color with a coral-hued cream shadow by first blending onto the lid, then working the shade up through the crease.
- Create soft definition to the eye by blending the same coral shade along the lower lashes.
- Define the eye line by lightly smudging Glo Skin Beauty Cream Stay Shadow Stick in Canyon along the upper lash line. Use the remaining shade left on the brush on the outer third of the lower lash line to lend soft depth.
- Coat lashes with Mascara by NovaLash for volume.
- To make eyes appear more open, fill in the waterline with a flesh-tone or light peach pencil and add a shimmer champagne shadow onto the inner corners of the eyes.
- Apply Sormé Treatment Cosmetics Mineral Botanical Blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Top lips with a neutral coral shade like ECRU New York Velvet Air Lipstick in Sultry Coral.
- Spot-treat any unwanted shine with a lightweight setting powder.
1) RevitaLash Cosmetics Hi-Def Tinted Brow Gel
2) Glo Skin Beauty Cream Stay Shadow Stick in Canyon
3) Mascara by NovaLash
4) Sormé Treatment Cosmetics Mineral Botanical Blush
5) ECRU New York Velvet Air Lipstick in Sultry Coral
Sandra Oh's style created by Ted Gibson.
- Apply STARRING Shooting Star Texture Meringue on dry hair from mid- lengths to ends.
- Blow-dry hair for a few minutes. (Note: Oh has naturally curly hair, so Gibson enhanced her texture and added shine with the meringue.)
- Curl the entire head of hair with curling irons, rotating between a medium-barrel and a small-barrel styling iron. Tip: Wrap hair around the barrel, leaving the ends out for a more tousled look.
“Curly girls like Sandra are sometimes afraid to get bangs because the style can look askew if the tendrils aren’t cut properly,” says Ted Gibson. “When it comes to curly hair, bangs shouldn’t be cut blunt or straight across. Instead, cut on dry hair using a soft technique in order to add movement and remove weight.”
1) STARRING Shooting Star Texture Meringue
This story first appeared in the April issue of Beauty Launchpad magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
[Image: Courtesy of manufacturers; Getty Images]