Celebrate summer with this cute, nautical-inspired manicure from essie nail artist Michelle Saunders! Graphic red and blue stripes against a backdrop of pure white will have you ready to set sail in no time! Get the how-to for this fun look, below:
Get the Look:
1. Apply a coat of Essie First Base base coat. Add two coats of Essie Blanc to all nails except the thumbs.
2. For pinky nails, dip your bobby pin or dotting tool into Midnight Cami and create polka dots (Michelle's tip: if you use a bobby pin, slightly pull it apart and use the longer end for easy dipping into polish).
3. On ring fingers, apply 2 wide stripes with Clambake (Michelle's tip: use tape for perfectly straight lines).
4. On middle fingers, apply Midnight Cami diagonally halfway down the nail.
5. On index fingers, draw a diagonal stripe with Clambake and another going up creating a “V” shape on the right side of nails. Once dry, add a vertical stripe of Midnight Cami to the left sides.
6. On thumbs, paint a coat of Midnight Cami, add white polka dots with Blanc by dipping a bobby in or dotting tool into the bottle.
7. Seal the deal with a coat of Good to Go top coat.