Summer is all about harnessing your inner goddess and one of the hottest evening looks this season highlights natural beauty with shimmering bursts of gold. A beautiful example was the makeup worn by General Hospital star Kelly Sullivan at the recent Daytime Emmy Awards - so very right for a summer party or special evening.
Celebrity make-up artist Jofia for Bellapierre created the elegant look and noted, “I wanted the camera to love this red carpet interpretation of a summer-natural evening look. I was inspired by the old Hollywood style of Rita Hayworth - so feminine, yet so bold. Using a lighter hand, I gave Kelly a soft shimmering eye with an accented lip. The effect, which is easy for everyone to wear, highlights her beautiful features and gives her a radiant, natural glow with a dash of drama. Both Kelly and I loved Bellapierre’s 100% all natural, all mineral makeup – which was also summer-light and comfortable for her to wear.” [pagebreak]
How To Create The Look:
- I first prepped Kelly’s face with Bellapierre Foundation Primer to unify her skin tone, then I lightly dusted her face and décolletage with Bellapierre Compact Mineral 5-In-1 Foundation (Ivory).
- I used Bellapierre Compact Mineral Face & Body Bronzer (Peony), as a contour, applying it to her cheekbones, the sides of her nose from the bridge straight down, and along the jaw line with Bellapierre’s Blush Brush.
- Next, I accented her fair skin with Bellapierre’s Compact Mineral Blush (Suede) using Bellapierre’s Blush Brush on her cheeks, for a light glow.
- I then created her natural, subtle smoky eye with colors from the Bellapierre 24k Taupe Eye Shadow Palette: champagne, deja vous and cocoa, using the Bellapierre Eye Shadow Brush.
- Once finished, I applied thick eyelashes, re-creating Rita Hayworth’s 1940’s Hollywood princess mood. Then using the Bellapierre Eyeliner Brush, I pressed cocoa eye shadow right above the lashline, to create a soft and hazy eyeliner effect.
- Finally, I applied a nice pink undertone to her lips using Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick (Catwalk) and topped it off with Bellapierre Vanilla Bean Lip Balm for a subtle shine. [pagebreak]
Bellapierre Foundation Primer
Bellapierre Compact Mineral 5-in-1 Foundation
Bellapierre Compact Mineral Blush
Bellapierre Blush Brush
Bellapierre 24k Taupe Eye Shadow Palette
Eye Shadow Brush
Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick
Bellapierre Vanilla Bean Lip Balm
Bellapierre Compact Mineral Face & Body Bronzer
[Images courtesy of AHPR Group]