“Hair painting is taking over - with everyone's busy schedules, it is becoming more and more difficult to get to the salon every four weeks, so guests are now looking for more low maintenance color,” says TeriAnn Eyester, stylist at Salon Nouveau (Bellmore, NY,). Natural hair painting is just the thing for guests who don’t like to fuss over their hair and want a low maintenance natural look.
Model: Has a full-time job and is a full-time student. After much discussion, Eyester decided to subtly brighten using a hair painting technique to give her the change she was looking for without more maintenance.
- Mix A: 35 mls 10 volume Goldwell Silk Lift conditioning cream developer/ 1 level scoop Goldwell Silk Lift high performance lightener
- Mix B: 15 mls 20 volume Goldwell Silk Lift conditioning cream developer/ half scoop Goldwell Silk Lift high performance lightener
- Mix C: 40 mls Goldwell Colorance demi acid developer, 10 mls 8G, 10 mls 9N
- Section hair into four quadrants.
- Starting at the nape using Mix A, take small weaves and perform a slight tease at the root.
- Paint a minimum of one inch off the scalp and back brush using a dry brush to allow for a super blended look.
- Continue up the head, taking larger, two-inch sections between paintings.
- Leave the crown out, allowing for the natural color to fall on top.
- Using Mix B, continue painting regimen in two front sections.
- Paint closer together in face frame area, with only half inch sections between paintings to allow for more brightness around the face.
- Process 20 minutes.
- Shampoo twice with Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fade Stop shampoo and towel-dry thoroughly.
- Apply Mix C throughout entire head.
- Process 20 minutes then rinse and condition using Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fade Stop conditioner.
- Apply KMS California FREE SHAPE quick dry and KMS California MOIST REPAIR conditioner through the hair, and blow dry bouncy using a small round brush.