Drying naturally curly hair while allowing it to be defined, bouncy and controlled can be a challenge, but Joi Rooks, KMS California Artistic Team Member and owner of Fresche Salon in Atlanta, has drying curly hair down to a science. Check out the video below:
Here’s how it’s done:
- Apply KMS California SILKSHEEN leave-in conditioner after shampooing and comb with a wide toothcomb.
- Working from the ends up, apply KMS California CURLUP control creme by pushing curls up to promote shape and control. Do not apply to the crown/top of head.
- Ask the guest to slide down the chair and rest their neck on the top of the backrest.
- Sitting on a stool, place sections of curls into a diffuser attached to a blow dryer and dry the entire head.
- Finish with more KMS California CURLUP control creme to reduce frizz, add shine and promote curl.
Patrick McIvor, Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California and social media mentor, encourages salon professionals to start YouTube channels to promote tips and tricks. This is the first video for Rooks in a series of three—her market will now view her as an expert in naturally curly hair.
Images/video: KMS California