Chrissy Teigen is known for many things - her expansive modeling career, her relatable social media presence, her marriage to singer/songwriter John Legend, and her consistently gorgeous locks. The new mom-to-be recently attended the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show and Tea where she revealed an extra-bright blonde balayage hair color, styled in cascading waves over one shoulder to complement her off-the-shoulder top. Below, PRAVANA stylist Jamie Muniz shares her formulas and technique for recreating Teigen's beautiful, perfect-for-fall look.
Get the Look:
FORMULA 1: ChromaSilk 6.11 and 20 PRAVANA Volume Creme Developer
FORMULA 2: Pure Light Balayage Lightener and PRAVANA High Activator
FORMULA 3: Equal parts ChromaSilk Express Tones in Natural and Beige
- Apply FORMULA 1 from the heat zone to the mid-length then apply at the scalp all over.
- Starting at the nape and working up, apply FORMULA 2 to varying lengths on each section, overlapping and pulling FORMULA 1 down to meet FORMULA 2 where needed.
- Once in the crown, move to the sides and work up to the parietal ridge then into the top of the head.
- Around the face and through the top of the head, apply FORMULA 2 closer to the scalp to create fine, highlighted strands.
- Process until desired lightness is achieved. Rinse and shampoo the hair with NEVO Reparative Shampoo.
- Apply FORMULA 3, starting the application in the back, working forward and at the base.
- Then, apply FORMULA 3 to the mid-shaft starting in the back and working up.
- Finally, pull FORMULA 3 through the ends for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and condition with NEVO Moisture Rich Shampoo and Conditioner. Style as desired.