The key to successful hair extension application and style? Making sure that no one can tell it isn't your client's real hair, of course! This is achieved by cutting and styling the extensions to look as natural as possible.
Blending Hair Extensions When Finishing:
- Work with vertical sections on the side and horizonal near the back so the volume and texture created when styling camouflage the extensions.
- Combine both the extensions and natural hair together in each section. Extensions may be natural hair, but that fabric lays differently on the head, so styling together creates more balance and a natural look.
- Be random when cultivating lived-in texture. Curling hair in different directions with varying section sizes produces a mix of textures for seamless blending. A relaxed mindset creates a relaxed finish.
- Apply adequate heat to lock in styling—the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand features an extra-long barrel for added surface area when working on longer hair and larger sections.
- Leave the ends straight; curling the entire head can look dated.