Goldwell Regional Artistic Team Member, Steven Picciano’s (@steviewondaz) inspiration for the Electric Apricot Look came from three sources: the shape and design of the haircut, the model’s complexion and eye color, tied to Pantone’s color of spring 2017. Picciano analyzed the model’s skin tone and eye color to ensure the color direction would enhance and complement her natural features. Goldwell Global Ambassador for Hair Cutting, Jay Mahmood (@jaymahmood), gave the model a modern twist to a graduated bob using disconnection and asymmetry. To finish the look, Mahmood utilized classic Denman blow dry techniques.
- Pre-lighten regrowth to a level 9 using 35ml SilkLift 6% (20 vol) + 1 scoop SilkLift High Performance Lightener. Then, shampoo with Dualsenses Rich Repair shampoo and towel dry hair well.
- Apply 60ml Colorance lotion + 20ml 8G + 10ml10G to mid-length and ends of hair. Then, process the hair for 25 minutes. Rinse and condition with Dualsenses Rich Repair Conditioner and towel dry hair well.
- After, apply Elumen Prepare from root to ends, comb through and dry the hair with a blow dryer.
- Apply 40ml Elumen
GB@9 + 10ml KB@7 + 5ml GK@all + 3ml Pk@all
from the root of hair to the ends using the Elumen bottle and applicator comb. After, allow hair to process for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo hair with Elumen Wash and dry hair with a blow dryer.
- Apply 20ml Elumen
GB@9 + 10ml GK@all + 3ml KK@all + 2ml Pk@all
to the root. Then, take 1” horizontal sections and soften the line of demarcation by combing with a wide tooth comb, letting it process for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo hair with Elumen Wash and towel dry hair well. Finish the look by then applying Elumen Lock for five minutes, then rinse and condition with Elumen Treat.