Intrigued by color forecasting company Pantone’s Fall/Winter 2019 shade predictions, the ColorDesign artistic team zeroed in on Chili Pepper, a spicy red, as a primary focus, with Orange Tiger and Sugar Almond as dimensional supporting shade inspirations, to create a haircolor design that’s complex yet nuanced. Here, the team shares its formula.
Formula 1: 30g. 1.10 + 30g. Clear Permanent Color + 45g. 30-vol. Developer
Formula 2: 12g. 5.77 Permanent Color + 12g. 6.44 Permanent Color + 6g. 7.44 Permanent Color + 6g. 7-vol. Developer
Formula 3: 30g. Ammonia-Free White Powder Lightener + 45g. 5-vol. Developer
Formula 4: 40g. Fun&Glam Extreme Red + 15g. Explosive Yellow + 5g. Atomic Green
Formula 5: 30g. Direct Color Dark Copper Blonde + 10g. Fun&Glam Fresh Orange
1. Clarify hair using ABBA Detox Shampoo. Apply ColorDesign Reconstruction Oil for ve minutes. Rinse and towel-dry hair.
2. Comb hair and section into four quadrants. Apply Formula 1 to damp hair using a balayage technique through the mid-shafts and ends to soften and lighten. Process for 20 minutes. Shampoo with ColorDesign Reconstruction Shampoo. Apply ColorDesign Reconstruction Oil for ve minutes and rinse.
3. Section dry hair into four quadrants. Using the ColorDesign Shadow Base technique, apply Formula 2 in -inch diagonal back partings 2 inches deep.
4. While color is processing, apply Formula 3 to the mid- shafts through the ends on diagonal back slices. Proceed to the front and alternate back-to-back slices. Process for 45 minutes.
5. Remove foils. Wash with ColorDesign Reconstruction Shampoo and rinse. Apply ColorDesign Reconstruction Oil for ve minutes. Rinse and blow-dry hair until it’s 100-percent dry.
6. Apply Formula 4 to the shadow root and Formula 5 to mid-shafts through ends, making sure to melt the two colors together to avoid any lines of demarcation. Process for 20 minutes. Rinse with ColorDesign Reconstruction Shampoo followed by ColorDesign Reconstruction Oil and Mask.
[Image: Courtesy of ColorDesign]
This story first appeared in the October issue of Beauty Launchpad in The Colorist section. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.