The Golden Globes 2023 honored the best in American film and television as chosen by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
The red carpet looks were one of the highlights of the night. If your clients want the hairstyles sported by the stars, you're in luck. Below are several how-tos, so you can re-create these dazzling looks.
- Blow-dry hair smooth with an Olivia Garden Ceramic Round Brush.
- Add René Furterer Style Holding Gel, and pull hair into a high ponytail, leaving out the front bang area. Secure with a hair tie.
- Curl the ponytail with the Olivia Garden 1.25" Curling Iron, and mist with René Furterer Style Finishing Spray.
- Brush the bang area back into the ponytail, and wrap around the rubber band to secure.
- Mist with René Furterer Style Shine Mist for extra shine.
- Blow-dry hair with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition, using the highest speed and heat temperature for optimal drying time. Use the professional styling concentrator attachment to focus on each section of hair without disturbing the rest.
- Once hair is blown out, use the Dyson Corrale straightener at 410-degree Fahrenheit temperature to achieve a sleek pulled-back look.
- Add texture to the ponytail using the Dyson Corrale straightener by manipulating the hair in various directions to produce an effortless-looking textured style.
- For a final touch, go back over the hair with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition with the flyaway attachment to ensure there are no flyaways.
"We decided to do a modern French twist to keep the look clean and classic and to not distract from the elegance of the dress," Symonds says. "The look didn't take long at all."
- Prep hair with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Leave-In Styling Treatment to enhance shade and gently condition.
- Mist hair with Clairol Shimmer Lights Thermal Shine Spray for heat protection and to add extra shine before giving a voluminous blowout.
- Twist the hair up and secure it with bobby pins.
"We took a little risk, but I believe it's good to have fun and try new things by just tweaking a little here and there," Stanwell says. "We didn't want it too rigid or set, and I still wanted to work with the haircut we had just done a few weeks ago. I love having the haircut make a statement, sculpting it around her face and playing with shapes that work."
- Apply FEKKAI Root Lift Spray on damp hair along with a small amount of FEKKAI Super Strength+ Protein Power Bond Mist. Round brush blow-dry, and set with Velcro rollers.
- Leaving out the bangs, heat the Velcro rollers and let set. Spray with FEKKAI Clean Stylers Flexi-Hold Hairspray to help hold and then let cool down.
- Blast out the front of the hair, overdirecting it forward so that it lays down to frame the face.
- Flick out the bottom of the hair all around. Bump up the hair behind bangs for a little lift, and tuck hair behind the ears to keep it relaxed yet chic.
Roszak shared her inspiration behind the hairstyle, saying "As Elizabeth wore a stunning Dior dress, I decided to create a soft blowout with a touch of movement to keep the look feeling effortless and fresh!"
- Apply Phytodefrisant Anti Frizz Blow Dry Balm to damp hair.
- Use Phytovolume Volumizing Blow Dry Spray to give volume and movement.
- Blow-dry hair and set the crown of hair on pin curls to keep a bit of height.
- Let the hair down, brush it out and use a 1 1/2" curling iron on the ends to add a bit of movement.
- Use Phytodefrisant Anti-Frizz Touch Up Care as a finishing touch to help keep hair smooth and protect it from humidity. Brush hair out to keep the look loose and soft.