Actress and Producer Sofia Vergara attended the Miami premiere of her new Netflix series "Griselda," based on the life of drug trafficker Griselda Blanco.
Vergara sported a custom gold strapless Laura Basci dress to the Miami premiere, which inspired celebrity hairstylist Tyler Johnston (@tylerjohnstonhair) when creating Vergara's hair look for the night.
"[By] dropping the hair back over one side of the shoulder and giving lift to the crown area, it gave an '80s feel to the hair, which mirrored the incredible 80s inspired outfit that Sofia was wearing," Johnston shares.
To create the look, Johnston used products from Schwarzkopf, where Vergara was recently announced to be the new global brand ambassador.
To create this stunning, elegant look for your clients, follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Start the haircut by lifting the outline length, so it drops just past the shoulders.
- Point cut the outline to create softness.
- Cut some very long layers into the internal shape, again using the points of the scissors to create softness.
- Shape the outline through the front, so that it gives a really beautiful face framing. This is key to the overall shape and look. It gives modernity and personalizes the finished look.
- For the blow dry, use OSiS Grip Extreme Hold Mousse and give the hair a full blow out.
- Work with a large barrel tong and create texture around the mid-length sections, leaving the ends out. This gives a more modern feel.
- After leaving the sections to cool down, work with a bristle brush and work the hair, so that it creates a modern contoured wave.
- At the root area on top of the crown, slightly lift the roots to give a classic/retro feel while still keeping it modern.
- Work with OSiS Dust It around this area to give more support and hold.
- Add a fine mist of OSiS Freeze Medium Hold Hairspray overall to hold the shape and give a sheen-like, modern finish.