With holiday parties in full swing, your clients may be looking for some trending styles to debut.
R+Co Collective Member Marwa Bashir (@marwabashirhair) is sharing her favorite festive style.
“Since I lean into more air dried looks, I would dress up my holiday hair by doing a flat ironed, sleek look with lots of shine,” says Bashir.
You can follow the tutorial below to create this look.
- Start with freshly washed hair. After towel drying hair, layer in styling products to create eye catching shine and light hold.
- Next, apply a nickel size amount of styling creme to add softness and hydration while helping to prevent frizz.
- Blow out hair, sectioning it off to whichever part you prefer, and use a boar bristle paddle brush to smooth out the hair.
- After blow drying, use a flat iron to bevel or create a very sleek look to the ends of the hair. Before each pass of the flat iron use heat protectant to keep hair protected from heat damage.
- Once the hair is perfectly sleek, seal everything by spraying finishing spray to protect against humidity and static.
- Add a headband or decorative bobby pins if you want some extra holiday style.