The first Monday is May is never a disappointment.
This year, the Met Gala's theme was CAMP, and the stars, designers and stylists rose to the occasion. See below how to recreate some of the instantly-iconic pink-carpet looks.
Lady Gaga attends The 2019 Met Gala Celebrating Camp: Notes on Fashion at Metropolitan Museum of Art . . . . #ladygaga #metgala #campnotesonfashion #fredericaspirashair with @theonly.agency using @ghd_northamerica #ghdfestival #ghdhair @joico #joico #joicodefydamage #hairjoi
Lady Gaga by Frederic Aspiras
- Apply Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield to damp hair, comb through for even distribution and protection.
- Use Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Tone Violet Smoothing Foam starting at roots and comb through. Blow dry using a small round brush.
- Using a flat iron to create the very defined uniformed waves all around hair. And curl under to get that rippled bubble effect.
- Use Joico JoiGel Firm to make mini hair bows throughout crown of head. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Comb out and make smooth with two pumps of Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil. Spray with Joico JoiShape and Flip Turn Finishing Spray to mold and to hold in place.
THE FINAL REVEAL for @kerrywashington’s 2019 #metgala look! I think she looked STUNNING and majestic, but I didn’t expect anything different. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of @ghd_northamerica tools or @matrix #StyleLink hair products! Check out my stories for the breakdown of how I created this look! #GHDFestival #MatrixPartner . . . . . . . . #hairstyles #hair #hairdo #haircare #healthyhair #hairtutorial #hairlove #hairlife #hairinspiration #hairofinstagram #celebrityhairstylist #takishaonhair #hairbrained #kerrywashington #camp
Kerry Washington by Takisha Sturdivant-Drew
- Start by smoothing hair while wet with Matrix Total Results Keep Me Vivid Velvetizer, apply a generous amount of product throughout hair to protect it from the heat and set hair into a modern smooth look.
- Mold the hair by using the ghd Ceramic Vented Radial Brush Size 1 and the ghd Air Festival Collection Dair Dryer to lay hair down into place.
- Use Matrix Total Results Keep Me Vivid Velvetizer to give hair a shiny, smooth look.
- To finish, brush down hair by using ghd Oval Dressing Brush and spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Finishing Spray
I know you’re all anxious for the looks but here’s the buh bye to hold you over @themetgalaofficial x @michaelkors hair x @laini_reeves using all @paulmitchell @paulmitchellpro makeup x @jennstreicher style x @highheelprncess head dress x @stephenjonesmillinery #EMILYBLUNT #paulmitchell #metgala #LainiReeves #neurohair #camp #teamblunt #asm_mgmt
Emily Blunt by Laini Reeves
- Laini created a super wet and undone textured look for Emily.
- After Emily’s hair was washed, Laini lightly blew her hair using the Neuro Halo Dryer then mixed together Paul Mitchell Flexible Style Sculpting Cream, Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR Velvet Cream and Paul Mitchell Firm Style Super Clean Sculpting Gel and worked it into Emily’s damp hair.
- Using her fingers, Laini scraped Emily’s hair into an undone textured ballerina knot at the base of her neck.
Emma Stone by Mara Roszak
- Start with damp hair, apply Biolage Airdry Glotion throughout and diffuse hair until it’s dry
- With a 3/4 curling iron, add texture to the hair by waving random sections of the hair to touch up curls, creating a natural bend
- To finish the look, spray Biolage Thermal Active Spray to set the hair to hold throughout the night
This human. Love forever. It was such an awesome process collaborating with Kristen on this whole look for tonight’s @metmuseum Gala. We colored Kristen’s hair into a multi dimensional vibe. Dark underneath, pale yellow in front and @chanelofficial Classic red thru mid shaft and ends. My friend @majormoonn did the color for me. He got it so right and thank you for using virtuelabs ColorKick to keep her hair healthy. Also thank you David Bowie for always inspiring and for being the ultimate Camp. #hairbyadir #withVirtue #kristenStewart #metGala2019 #chanel
Kristen Stewart by Adir Abergel
- Abergel started with a strong middle part and saturated the hair with Virtue Volumizing Primer to add memory and definition to the style.
- He then blow-dried the hair using a Denman brush at the root and then rough dried mid to ends to keep her natural texture.
- He then applied Virtue Un-Frizz Cream onto the ends to make the look a bit more separated and to distinguish between the dark and light.
- To finish the look, Abergel sprayed Virtue® Shaping Spray and diffused to lock in place.
Lily Aldridge by Bryce Scarlett
- First, prep hair with a Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask to keep the hair healthy and shiny and rinse thoroughally.
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Apply a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate from mid length to the ends of the hair and blow the hair out smooth using a Moroccanoil Ceramic 45MM Round Brush and the Moroccanoil Professional Series Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer.
- Once the hair is fully blown out, flat iron with the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron.
- Next, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium onto a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush and brush through the hair, gathering in a slicked back, high, tight ponytail
- Secure the ponytail with an elastic hair bungee, then run through the ponytail with a comb and flat iron to ensure the hair is stick straight.
- Next, wrap a black silk ribbon around the ponytail to disguise the hair band.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to provide a long lasting, weightless hold.
Katie Holmes by DJ Quintero
- On wet hair, use Biolage Hydra Foaming Styler and a couple pumps of Biolage Blowdry Glotion mixed together. Set them on rollers
- Then use portable hood dryer and put on hair for 40 minutes
- After cooled, brush out the curls and spray Biolage All-In-One Coconut Infusion Multi-Benefit Spray to tame frizz, flyaways, and add shine while brushing out
- Then use Biolage Freeze Fix Hairspray to hold hair into place
- Using a bungee, pull the hair back and secure into a small chignon
- To finish, spray Biolage Freeze Fix Hairspray all over hair to hold all night
Kris Jenner by Etienne Ortega (@etienneortega)
Eye Makeup: Aqua Palette from Eleman Cosmetics + Swarovski Crystals