Sure, winning awards is great, but on Hollywood's biggest night, Launchpad is most excited to see all the incredible hairstyles walking the red carpet. There were stylists with all the top brands helping out on attendees' hair. See how to recreate their looks for your clients below!
Kristin Cavallari by Riawna Capri
- Nourish and protect hair with Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo, Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Conditioner
- On damp hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Heat Styling Primer for heat protection. Blow dry hair.
- Prep hair with Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray along with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray for a smooth but separated defined style
- Use Biolage Bodifying Styling Jelly to add more volume and texture at the root
- Pull section of hair back while spraying Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray and pin in place for separation with small clips to set hair for a “Mohawk” updo
- Pull sides beneath the Mohawk to the back of head; make a knot and pin in place
- Make a small bun at the nape of the neck; take hair from middle section knot and wrap around bottom bun
- Ensure the remaining hair from the Mohawk lays softly twisted around side of bun
- Leave small pieces of hair that fall out of bun down for added softness
Lindsey Vonn Styled by Laura Polko
- Her hair is super long and all one length, so to achieve volume, I worked in volumizing spray and sectioned her damp hair. Starting at the back, I worked my way up section by section and dried hair with the T3 Cura Luxe Dryer and the T3 Paddle Brush, and directed the hair towards the back.
- Once I was done drying the hair, I got some more height by scrunching with my hands.
- Next, I took the T3 SinglePass Compact and smoothed all of the baby hairs around the hair line, and used the flat iron to twist and direct the hair back so it was more of a textured look.
- I then parted the hair diagonally in the back from the crown to the nape of the neck, so it wasn’t a perfect split down the middle.
- Next, I took the left section, and starting at the bottom, began twisting the hair until is started to coil up. I then pinned the coils to the head using bobby pins, directing some of the hair towards the right side of the head.
- I repeated this step on the right side, but instead, twisted from the crown down and pinned the coils to the head. I had to make sure the coils were evenly distributed so one side of the head wasn’t weighted down.
- To add some more texture and movement to the look, I misted the hair with dry texturizing spray and then used my fingers to lightly pull out pieces around the hair line and give it a little extra shape.
- To finalize the look, I used the T3 SinglePass Wave styling wand on the wispy hairs in the front to really get the shape that I wanted, and then finished with hairspray.
Zoey Deutch by Gregory Russell
- Strengthen, revitalize and smooth hair with Matrix Total Results 3-step system: Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Shampoo, Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Pre-Conditioner and Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Conditioner
- Starting on damp hair, prep hair by using Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse throughout the lengths of her hair to maintain body and bounce
- Select a deep side part and blow dry with a medium sized boar’s hair round brush
- Set hair by spraying each section with Matrix Style Link Prep Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray and curl hair with a 1.5” curling iron. Set each section by pinning each curl with a silver duck bill
- Once finished, let the hair cool for 15-20 minutes to maintain shape and body
- Spray hair lightly with Matrix Style Link Mineral Play Back Dry Shampoo and brush the hair out and into shape
- Use a small amount of Matrix Style Link Prep Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream around the face frame and then spray the hair with Matrix Style Link Perfect Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray
[Images courtesy of their respective brands]