With Oscar season upon us, Egle Miciene of Cristophe Salon in Beverly Hills has created a new take on the classic Hollywood glam updo that she calls the "modern texturized twist".
Micene loves looks that can be easily transformed and that are versatile - life is fast so a Modern Texturized Twist is great because you can transform your daily curls into a beautiful, evening look. In ten minutes or less, you can change your look and attitude, getting yourself ready for your evening. This look is a modern twist on the classic Hollywood Updo. Less formal and put together, it's perfect for the modern woman who is constantly on the go and in search of a polished yet tousled look.
Step by Step:
- Wash hair with Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo + Conditoner
- Give a blowout using Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray to maximize her hairs volume
- Divide the hair into 5 sections (top, two sections in the bottom, left side and right side)
- Use a 1 1/2 inch Curling Iron to create a wide curl
- Brush out the curls
- Divide and resection the top from the bottom Start from the bottom and make a low pony tail on the back of the head towards the neck
- Tease pony tail and create a base for the hair. This creates volume and fullness by making a bun with the hair.
- Brush the side sections up over the teased base and use bobby pins to secure the hair to the crown of the head.
- Take the top section and let it fall naturally over all the other hair. Secure with bobby pin and Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray and Oribe Finishing Spray
- For this look in particular, we wanted to have it to the right her hair naturally grows in towards the left, so it easily and naturally falls over to give a classic, less formal updo
[Model: Anna Kin; Hairstylist: Egle Miciene; Makeup Artist: Karolina Kay; Photographer: Shan Zhad; Wardrobe: Sarah Pacin]