For last night's NYC premiere of Suicide Squad, celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora created a low-key look for actress Margot Robbie. A simple looped ponytail with face-framing tendrils paired perfectly with Margot's ornate, high-necked gown from Alexander McQueen, showing off the dress' bedazzled unicorn pattern.
A cool blend of high and low fashion, the look is great for client's looking for something quick and slightly edgy, yet still put-together. Recreate Margot's low looped ponytail with the how-to, below!
Get the Look:
- Renato started by applying KMS ADD VOLUME Volumizing Spray and KMS FREE SHAPE Hot Flex Spray to Margot's damp hair to create a voluminous base, using the VARIS Blow Dryer to dry her locks completely.
- Once her hair was completely dry, Campora pulled Margot's strands together at the base of her neck, making sure to leave a few face-framing strands loose at the front.
- Next, he twisted the hair and pulled it once through a rubber band, then pulled halfway through a second time, creating a loop. Then, he used a hair accessory to secure the looped hair over the rubber band.
- Campora then wrapped the remaining hair around, using bobby pins to secure and pulling out a few random pieces to create more of an "undone" look.
- Lastly, Campora sprayed a bit of the KMS FREE SHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray to hold the look in place for the evening.