The Spring/Summer 2016 show at Galia Lahav showcased not one but two collections - the first inspired by romantic capitals from around the world, and the second emphasizing elements of Gothic architecture and the classic "medieval princess." While the first collection evoked scenic rooftops and busy metropolitan streets through unique crystal beading embroidery and modern romance in the form of silk chiffon fabrics and soft, airy tulle shrouded in blush and nude tones, the second collection, dubbed "Ivory Tower," was all about silhouettes and forms. Gowns were adorned with floral motifs, beaded features and French lace, completed with dramatic, handcrafted headpieces from Millela Couture.
Josie Sanchez, Master Stylist at Dop Dop Salon, created a versatile and pretty look that complemented the collections at Galia Lahav - a structured, yet romantic, fishtail braid twisted into an elegant chignon. The look is perfect for your bridal guests, or for clients looking for a simple, stunning holiday updo for this season's festivities. Recreate the style with Sanchez's how-to, below.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Densité; spray liberally.
- Dry product into hair using a blow-dryer and fingers to keep natural texture.
- Create a center part.
- Take large sections of hair and spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Infinium 3, then use a curling wand (starting at the mid-lengths) to create loose waves.
- Rake hands through waves to loosen/roughen up.
- Create three sections, one in the back and one on either side of the head. Clip back the front sections.
- With remaining hair in back of head, pull back softly into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Create a fishtail braid, then secure with an elastic. Pull braid apart from sides to create texture.
- Flip fishtail braid upward and roll into a soft, low chignon and secure with pins.
- Release clips from front sections and gently pull back hair and pin into the chignon.
- Finish by pulling out some pieces at the crown to create softness.
The makeup, created by Carly Giglio for Stila Cosmetics created a whimsical look with nude lips and glow skin. Giglio added a soft bronze shimmer to the lids and completed the look with KISS True Volume Lashes in Chic.