To create a cool, quirky vibe on the runway at Miu Miu’s Spring/Summer 2016 show, Redken Global Creative Director Guido gave the models English-inspired pigtails with a touch of toughness, topped with ornate crowns and headpieces. "The hair at Miu Miu is like a tough tomboy with a slight English 70’s feeling. It has the same essence as Prada, the big sister show, which was very quirky and cool, but still very in line with the designers’ girl," said Guido.
"I created a center part and then gathered the hair into two pigtails, using Redken’s wind blown 05 to create some extra texture. Then, I used Redken’s triple take 32 on the forehead and side pieces, which are stuck to the face. The look really has a lot of personality with the pigtails, the plastic headband crowns and the side pieces, which are from the Prada show. All those things combined give us the quirky Miu Miu girl, which is cool, modern and always playful.”
Get the Look:
- Start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Work a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion into damp hair.
- Use fingers to create a center part and then blow dry hair straight using a round brush.
- Lightly spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair and wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray wax at the ends to enhance texture.
- Divide hair into two sections and gather into low pigtails, leaving a small piece of hair out around each ear, and secure with elastics.
- Spray Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray on the two sections of loose hair by the ears to stick them to the face.