Redken Global Creative Director Guido styled a soft, romantic chignon adorned with beautiful headpieces, scarves and accessories for the runway at Dolce & Gabbana’s Spring/Summer 2016 show. "The look at Dolce this season is very soft and romantic. It’s very easy, almost like you were an American on holiday in Italy and you just threw your hair up for the evening," said Guido.
"I used Redken’s wind blown 05 to get that gorgeous texture, and then gathered the hair up into a high ponytail, twisting it into a messy chignon. It’s very soft around the hairline with the little baby hairs pulled out, and I added just a bit of height at the crown to soften the silhouette. I finished the look by placing different types of crowns, scarves and beautiful hairpieces throughout the hair to enhance the charm.”
Get the Look:
- Start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Use a round natural-bristle brush to blow-dry hair straight.
- Lightly spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair to enhance natural texture.
- Create a short center part with fingers.
- Use fingers to gather hair into a high ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with an elastic, leaving some baby hairs and random pieces out in the front.
- Twist the length of the ponytail into a messy chignon and secure with hair pins.