Off-setting the ultra-feminine floral aesthetic of the collection with something much tougher and edgier was the goal for the hair look at Blumarine’s SS16 Paris Fashion Week collection. “This look is all about contrasting textures. It’s wet at the front and swept to one side to give it a masculine edge then it graduates into a satin-like texture before becoming drier through the lengths, to an almost weathered texture at the ends,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman. "There’s a nod to that 80’s Brooke Shields, Jerry Hall look, but it’s grungy and cooler and much more contemporary.”
Get the Look:
- Start by prepping damp hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting, using your hands to sweep the hair to one side and away from the face.
- At the back of the head, divide the hair into two vertical sections and create two soft twists while spraying Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential throughout the head.
- Next, pin the twists to the top of the head using bobby pins and blow-dry.
- Once the hair is completely dry, release the twists and rake through the hair with your fingers to rough up the texture.
- At the hairline spray Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential close to the roots to create a wet texture while using your hands to smooth it back sharply.
- Finish the look by spraying Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me to the lengths for added volume.