Could the precision cut be returning after all the natural waves and texture? Joi Rooks, owner of fresche salon in Atlanta, GA (www.fresche.net), has more and more clients requesting control and polish, and she’s turning to precision cutting to deliver. Vidal Sassoon pioneered precision cutting – a technique based on the theory that with the proper design and cut even the most unruly hair could be tamed to perfection. “It’s all about precision and lines, which translates to sectioning and angles… the KMS IQ Cutting Method teaches new ways to achieve precision cutting in a timely manner,” says Rooks.
Tips for Above Precision Cut
- Nape and Above Ears: Undercut short.
- Back: Cut using diagonal back sections, cutting blunt to desired length.
- Sides: Cut using diagonal forward sections leaving the sideburns longer.
- Front: Cut on an angle taking a diagonal forward parting from the part to hairline and cutting to desired length.
- Detailing: Once shape was created, interior was lifted to 90 degrees and corners were removed.
- Finish: KMS Tame Frizz Styling Cream was applied and hair was blown dry smooth with a medium round brush and then a bit of KMS Tame Frizz de-frizz oil was applied for maximum shine and control.
“When you see a trend emerging, that’s the time to start a Pinterest Board; gather a bunch of shots so you have a portfolio of images to show your guests,” adds Patrick McIvor is Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell.
For more, follow Joi on Facebook: Joi Rooks/Style Educator; and on Instagram: @Georgiajoi.
[Images courtesy of Glow Communications]