UNITE Haircare, led by stylist Riley McLachlan, took over backstage at Wildfox's Swim 2016 Collection presentation at Miami Swim Week. Drawing inspiration from Brigitte Bardot and San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district in the 1960's, McLachlan created voluminous crowns, textured waves, and pixie braids for an easy, summery vibe.
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with UNITE TEXTURIZA and UNITE 7SECONDS Glossing to act as a thermal protector.
2. Curl hair using a curling iron or UNITE Flat Iron. Pin curls, cool and allow to set.
3. Release curls and mist with UNITE GO365 Hairspray on high.
4. Create a diamond section on the crown of the head and dust with UNITE EXPANDA Dust.
5. Lightly back-comb to create volume and shape on the crown.
6. Rake fingers through hair to loosen the waves a bit.
7. Braid a small pixie braid on either side of the central parting and temporarily pin in place.
8. Braid another pixie braid parallel to the top one, about an inch underneath.
9. Combine the ends of all four braids into a central back braid.
10. Mist with UNITE GO365 Hairspray on hold for extra hold and UNITE 7SECONDS Glossing for an overall shine.
[Images courtesy of Pickle PR]