For Valentino’s Couture show in Rome, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a Romanesque-inspired style finished with a delicate crown. "The inspiration for Valentino was Romanesque, so for the hair, we used the jewelry that was made for the collection as a crown," said Guido. "First, I prepped the hair with Redken’s satinwear 02 and then created a natural center part and blow-dried the hair using a round brush. Next, I put a very natural movement through the hair using a large barrel curling iron. The crown was then placed on the head and secured by twisting side sections of the hair around the sides and back of the jewelry. Last, the back length of the hair was braided into a low loose braid using Redken’s braid aid 08 for extra grip.”
Get the Look:
1. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair.
2. Use fingers to create a natural part and then blow-dry using a round brush.
3. Bend random sections of hair around a 1-1/2 inch curling iron to add natural movement.
4. Place desired jewelry on head and secure by twisting sections of hair around it and adding hair pins if needed.
5. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken braid aid 08 braid defining lotion from mid-lengths to ends of hair and then create a low, loose braid.
6. Finish with a mist of Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for an airy, windswept effect.
[Images courtesy of 24 Seven Inc.]