Think pink: the color trend is showing no signs of slowing down! This past weekend, Australian singer Iggy Azalea appeared on the Billboard Music Awards red carpet, revealing her new dip-dyed pink ends. Azalea mentioned in an interview that evening that she’s working on an “image overhaul” for her next album, which appears to include adding this bold yet feminine touch to her now shorter, blonde locks. The new shade matched her lip color and pumps at the event and was a great contrast to the metallic silver ensemble she rocked during her performance of her new single “Pretty Girls” alongside Britney Spears.
Bright ends are a great transition into the creative color world for clients who may be hesitant about going root-to-tip but are looking to add a touch of color to their hair. Pink continues to be the in-demand shade of the year, appearing on the tresses of numerous celebrities including Madonna, Julianne Hough, Hilary Duff, Kaley Cuoco and more. To create a pink dip-dye like Azalea’s, PRAVANA stylist Jamie Muniz shares her simple step-by-step:
Get the Look:
- Pre-lighten hair from roots to ends to a level 9 using Pure Light Power Lightener and preferred choice of developer.
- Shampoo the hair and dry completely.
- Mix 3 oz. VIVIDS Pink with 1/4 oz. VIVIDS NEONS Pink. Apply to 3-4 inches through the ends of the hair. For a bold block of color like Azalea’s, hair should be previously cut to a one-length bob.
- Process between 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Shampoo lightly using cool water and condition to seal color with VIVIDS Color Protect after care products.
- Style as desired.
[Image: Getty Images/Jeffrey Mayer]