Janet Jackson looked gorgeous during her recent appearance at Giorgio Armani's 40th Anniversary Dinner. Wearing all black (even a beanie!) and long, cascading waves, the pop star showcased effortless beauty. Below, her hairstylist Janet Zeitoun shares how to recreate the look for your clients.
Get the Look:
1. Start with fresh, wet hair that has been thoroughly moisturized. Co-washing with SOTAH Conditioning Shampoo offers a clean base for the style to be created.
2. Blow-dry hair and separate into six sections: three on top of the head, three on bottom. Spritz with a heat protectant product, such as Matrix Style Link Prep Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray.
3. Using a 1.5-inch barrel hot curling iron, create loose waves throughout the head (Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron is a great, affordable option).
4. Use your fingers to gently separate the waves to create a loose, tousled look. Top with SOTAH Oil/Crème Therapy to tame fly-aways and add a bit of extra shine and manageability.
5. Finish with a holding spray, such as Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray, for firm, flake-free touchable hair.