For the fourth season in a row, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created 60 custom wigs for the highly-anticipated Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2015 NYFW show. Working very closely with Marc Jacobs to complete his vision for the runway, Guido drew inspiration from the 70’s and 80’s to create a fantasy on the runway.
“The wigs we created are a total reflection of Marc Jacob’s style," said Guido. "He has a complete vision for his show, and the wigs really allowed us to bring this vision to life because they almost depersonalize the girls. We were inspired by the 70’s and 80’s and by Joey Ramone’s bowl-ish haircut. First, we dyed all of the wigs black and then we pre-cut them before the show so that we could custom cut them for each girl backstage to create that perfect bowl-shape with the heavy bang. Texture is also very important for this look. I sprayed [Redken] Fashion Waves 07 on the wig when it was damp to create some chunky texture, and then used Wind Blown 05 to add dry, airy texture so it feels a little more graphic. In the end, the look was like an illustration that came to life.”
Get the Look: Color
1/2 oz. 01B Onyx Shades EQ Gloss
1/2 oz. 03G Cinnamon Shades EQ Gloss
1/2 oz. 03N Espresso Shades EQ Gloss
1/2 oz. 03A Terra Cotta Shades EQ Gloss
2 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution
2 oz. 3N Color Fusion
2 oz. 10 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer
Get the Look: Style
1. Apply Hardwear 16 Super Strong Sculpting Gel to dry hair from root to ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated.
2. Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back.
3. Clip the bottom section down and out of the way.
4. Using a finishing brush, start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction. Repeat with each section, making sure it’s very clean and neat-looking when finished.
5. Blow-dry hair until completely dry.
6. Apply Control Addict 28 High Hold Hairspray to smooth any fly-aways.
7. Place wig on head.
8. Cut the wig into a bowl-shape with a heavy bang.
9. Mist water all over the wig until damp, and then liberally spray Fashion Waves 07 Sea Salt Spray all over, scrunching into hair with fingers to create chunky texture.
10. Allow to air dry and finish by thoroughly spraying Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over the hair for added texture.
[Images courtesy of Redken]