For her recent appearance at the Harper’s Bazaar Celebrates ICONS Party at New York Fashion Week, actress Victoria Justice paired her show-stopping Roberto Cavalli cocktail dress with a fun, lilac-tinted topknot. Joico celebrity hairstylist Paul Norton, who created the look, completed the look with a fishtail braid accent for an extra dose of edge. Recreate this style for your clients with the how-to below!
Get the Look:
- Start by tousling the hair dry with Joico Joiwhip.
- Smooth out all the edges around the hairline to create a ponytail.
- Grab a thick triangle section from the top of the head, separate it and clip the rest out of the way. Using Joico Instatint (Pink and/or Orchid), spray in a swiping motion from roots to end. Tip: feel free to layer and incorporate one or both colors to intensify the look for an edgier appearance.
- Once the hair is completely covered with Instatint, use a blow dryer on cool to blow the hair down the shaft to help smooth and dry any damp areas.
- Spray the entire head lightly with Joico Hair Shake from roots to end.
- Gather the hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- Turn the pony into a fishtail braid and secure the end with a clear elastic.
- Depending on desired texture, either roughen up the braid by gently pulling it apart by tugging on it side to side while spraying Joico Hair Shake, or use Joico K-Pak Protect and Shine Serum to smooth out the fishtail to add ample shine.
- Once you have achieved desired texture, twist the braid until it begins wrap itself around the foundation of the elastic, anchoring with bobby pins.
- Lastly, use Joico Flipturn hairspray to smooth out any fly-aways and hold the look in place.