Essie debuted their brand new Concrete Glitters collection at the 70th Annual Emmy Awards this past weekend, showcasing their shining shades on numerous nominees, including Natalia Dyer, Mandy Moore, and Yara Shahidi.
We spoke to celebrity stylists Steph Stone, Michelle Saunders and Emi Kudo to get you the lowdown on how to recreate these dazzling red carpet looks.
Natalia Dyer wears the Concrete Glitters Collection in Venture to the Venue
“We went for a more is more approach with glitter and were inspired by Natalia’s golden Dolce & Gabbana gown. essie’s NEW concrete glitters collection in the shade venture to the venue, a vanilla white with gold shimmer, balanced beautifully against the intricacies of the dress. We skipped a top coat and let the unique matte texture of the manicure shine on its own. The final look proved there’s no such thing as too much glitz!” said Celebrity Manicurist, Steph Stone.
Mandy Moore dons the Concrete Glitters Collection in the shades Can't Stop Her in the Copper, Mademoiselle, and Sugar Daddy, topped up with the Speed.Setter Top Coat
“Mandy and I went for the gold with her nail look, pulling inspiration from tonight’s gold carpet as well as the detailing on her custom designed Rodarte dress. We used essie’s NEW concrete glitters collection in can’t stop her in the copper around the cuticles to create subtle dazzle against a classic nude base,” said Celebrity Manicurist, Michelle Saunders.
• To start, apply Here to Stay base coat. Then, apply one coat of Mademoiselle followed by one coat of Sugar Daddy for a classic, sheer pink base. Let dry.
• Next, use a striping brush to create an outline hugging the cuticle of the nail with essie’s NEW concrete glitters collection in the shade Can’t Stop Her in the Copper.
• Finishing the look, apply one coat of Speed.Setter Top Coat for a high-shine mani.
Yara Shahidi shines in the Concrete Glitters Collection in Beat of the Moment and Clothing Optional, sealed in with the Speed.Setter Top Coat.
“When Yara decided on the fabulous pink Gucci gown, I was instantly inspired to emulate the dress’s sparkly trim on her nails! We went for textured tips using essie’s NEW concrete glitters collection in the shade beat of the moment paired with a nude base, clothing optional. The subtle nail art was perfect for her modern aesthetic,” said Celebrity Manicurist, Emi Kudo.
• Apply base coat using two coats of essie’s natural sienna brown, Clothing Optional.
• Let nails dry, then disperse the NEW concrete glitters collection shade, Beat of the Moment onto wax paper. To control the liquid and create thin, accurate lines use a nail art brush, picking-up a small amount of polish and apply along the cuticle and tips.
• Finish with essie’s speed setter top-coat, for a perfect high-shine finish that dries in less than a minute.