With prom and wedding season just around the corner, your client is going to be searching for a style that turns heads. Take inspo from a few of our favorite Oscar looks, like Lady Gaga's soft updo and Brie Larson's effortless–looking waves.
- On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to provide a foundation for styling.
- Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots and Moroccanoil Blow-Dry Concentrate at the ends.
- Blow-dry hair using the Moroccanoil MO2000 Professional Series Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer with the Moroccanoil 45 MM Boar Bristle Round Brush for a smooth, full-bodied blowout.
- Bend hair with the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron to create different-size “S” waves.
- Break up the waves using your fingers and spritz Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray onto hair.
- Dry hair generously with the dryer while keeping the arch around the frame of the face.
- Spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium throughout sections of the hair to lend a tousled effect.
"I wanted her hair to have a cool-girl, slept-in texture that’s soft and not overly shiny to complement her sparkling dress,” says Moroccanoil celebrity stylist Bryce Scarlett.
- Prep hair with Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo followed by Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque (leave on for 5 minutes). Towel-dry.
- Apply 2 to 3 pumps of Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield and comb through using a wide-tooth comb.
- Apply 1 to 2 pumps of Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil to damp hair, and then comb through with a paddle brush.
- Divide hair into small sections and use the ghd Air Hair Dryer (@ghd_northamerica) and ghd Natural Bristle Radial Brush Size 2 to dry hair away from the face.
- Curl hair from mid-shafts to ends with ghd Curve Soft Curl Iron to create loose, soft curls.
- Allow the curls to cool while loose.
- Spray hair at the crown and throughout curls using Joico Hair Shake as you loosen ringlets with the ghd Paddle Brush.
- Create a large ponytail at the crown and a small one in the back of the head.
- Backcomb and shape hair into a wavy bun.
- Define curls with the ghd Curve Classic Wave Wand.
- Create volume at the top of the head.
- Administer Joico JoiShape Shaping & Finishing Spray and Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray for extra hold.
“I sought a classic swept updo that lent softness around the face,” says Joico celebrity stylist Frederic Aspiras.
Style created by Barbara Guillaume, celebrity stylist.
- Blow-dry hair.
- Rub a dime-size amount of Oribe Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste between your hands, and then run it through the hair.
- Use your fingers to comb through the hair and style it into place.
- Take another dime-size amount of the paste and rub it between your hands. Apply it to the sides of the head for a tighter, sleeker silhouette.
- Finish with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray for hold.
This story first appeared in the May issue of Beauty Launchpad magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
[Images: Getty Images]