I was thinking about 20s and 50s glamour when I looked at Gugu’s dress. I know, I know that doesn’t make sense but I am a beauty guru that likes to mix up decades! Those two decades have some of my favorite hair moments. I wanted her to look like a movie star and I think I did just that! I wanted to do something different for her -movie star sexy, hot and modern!
GET THE LOOK
1) Gugu has very curly natural hair, so I had to use several products to give her the ultimate blowout. On damp hair I first used Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel for smoothness, shine and heat protection. I then smoothed Leonor Greyl Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice from mid lengths to ends for added volume.
2) Next, I blow dried her hair with a Mason Pearson. This brush allowed me to smooth out her curls and gives the ultimate shine!
3) I then parted her hair in deep side part. Next, taking 2” sections I curled her hair with a ½” size curling iron, finishing each section by rolling the hair and pinning the curl at the scalp. I did this to her entire head, allowing Gugu’s hair to cool in the pin curls while she got her makeup done. This allowed the curls to set and really keep its shape.
4) After her hair cooled, I removed the pins and gently brushed out her curls. I then tucked her hair under and pinned it on the underside at the nape of her neck with gold bobby pins for a faux bob look.
5) I finished with L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to keep all of those glamourous waves in place.
[Image: Mark Sagliocco/Getty Images]