Stylist Shelley Brien wanted to create a classic Hollywood look with a modern twist for Emma Watson's first time attending the Golden Globes. To show off the dress’s low back, Shelley thought a chic chignon would be the perfect style to complement the modern look.
Here’s how Shelley created Emma’s look:
1. First spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to damp hair. Take a medium sized boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair so that it’s straight and smooth.
2. Once hair is dry, create a side part and then spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Rich Darks to the roots to create extra volume.
3. Backcomb the hair near the front of your face to create texture and then brush all the hair back until it’s smooth. Maintaining the side part, pull hair back into a low ponytail and then wrap hair loosely into a chignon. Wrap hair similar to a bun and then pin in place.
4. Pull a few pieces of hair in the front and tuck behind the ear to create a more modern, tousled look.
5. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to leave it with a sleek, finished look.
[Image: Getty Images/WireImage/Jeff Vespa]