Halloween is just around the corner, but it's never too late to put together the perfect costume! You can stop racking your brain for last-minute ideas, because Pravana has you covered with their guide to creating the perfect, must-have, movie-inspired Halloween looks, including The Hunger Games' Katniss Everdeen. Click through to get the how-to with Pravana's simple step-by-step guide!
What You’ll Need:
Wand Curling Iron
Super Shape Hair Spray
Clear Hair Elastics
TWIST Fiber Paste [pagebreak]
1. For straight hair, begin by creating texture with an iron and a light mist of Super Shape.
2. Part hair off to one side. [pagebreak]
3. Begin a reverse or dutch braid on the opposite side of the part by taking the side strands beneath the center strands.
4. Keep working in this fashion around the head while twisting and pulling pieces in to join the braid. [pagebreak]
5. Continue braiding through to the ends of the hair, then secure with an elastic band.
6. Lightly pull at the braid for a looser look. [pagebreak]
7. Separate and twist pieces of fringe using TWIST.
8. Accessorize adventurously, completing the Katniss ensemble with a leather jacket, boots, bow, and arrow.
[Images courtesy of Pierce Mattie Communications]