celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the brand, was the perfect opening of the show season for Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals, who created a stylish classic look, much like the collection itself.
"To celebrate the anniversary, Donna created a big collection with many different segments, with a lot of models, so I wanted to create a look of uniformity that helped to tie the many segments of the collection together, says Souleiman. "To me, DKNY is all about youthful and natural sophistication, and the hair look needed to embody this.”
The chic and minimal hair look needed to be executed perfectly, with such a simple look there is absolutely no room for flaws, so preparation was key. Eugene and the team first of all prepped the hair with a beautiful flat blow dry and then created a low side parting before gently pulling the hair back in to a low side pony tail. The pairing of the parting against the pony tail created a harmonious symmetry to this beautifully polished hair look.
(click on the next page to create the look!)
[pagebreak]; Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
- Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier through the hair and using a soft bristle brush blow dry the hair flat to the head.
- Next, use a straightening iron through the hair to create a smooth polished look.
- Create a low side part and gently brush the hair flat to the head, spraying the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
- Gently, using a soft bristle brush, sprayed again with Stay Essential Finishing Spray, pull the hair over to a low pony tail on the opposite side of the head to the parting, ensuring that all fly always are tamed.
- Secure the hair in to the low pony tail with elastic, letting the pony tail come forward over the shoulder.
- Finally, take a small pump of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections and smooth on to the palms of your hands, then take a soft brush and gently rub this across the palms to pick up the smallest amount of product, and then brush the pony tail section. The Wella Professionals Oil Reflections creates a smooth, healthy looking finish to the hair.
Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier
Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
Wella Professionals Oil Reflections
[Images courtesy of Wella Professionals]