As part of its larger style collaboration with alice + olivia designer Stacey Bendet, Sebastian Professional sponsored the third consecutive presentation for the fashion superstar. Putting a fresh, mix-and-match twist on dressing for a dinner party, Bendet collaborated with Sebastian Professional lead stylist Anthony Cole to create a swept-back, romantic with an edge hair look spotlighting loosely constructed chignons.
alice + olivia Fall 2012 Inspiration:
In true Bendet form, her Lolita-inspired collection is strong, sexy and playful with a ‘Coquette Cool’ vibe. With a focus this season on outerwear and chic knit dressing – including calf length + body skimming dresses –Bendet puts her own fresh twist on ultimate party dressing, including the launch of the alice + olivia Gown collection. The Fall 2012 collection spotlights intricate textures of rich bouclé, edgy leather, jacquard embroidery, brocades, tapestries and lush furs laid upon custom prints. This season’s palette features a modern mix of bold jewel tones – rich emerald green, deep ruby red, midnight blue, lush plum, strong metallics and Bendet’s signature black + white color-blocking.
Hair Product Cocktail:
1. On damp hair, apply a palmful of Sebastian Professional Whipped Crème throughout. Then, layer in a palmful of Mousse Forte. This combination will give the hair long-lasting, defrizzed body.
2. Blow-dry smooth using a large round brush. Once dry, divide hair in half horizontally, from recession to the back of the crown. Pin aside the top section and pull the bottom into a tight ponytail at the occipital bone.
3. Twist the ponytail around the base and pin to secure. Spray with Sebastian Professional Shaper hairspray for shape and hold.
4. Take down the top section and create a middle part. Taking one side at a time, smooth back each section to twist and pin around the chignon in the back. Be sure to keep the hair loose in the front so the hairline does not show.
5. Detail random pieces of the chignon with Sebastian Professional Craft Clay for matte hold. Pull pieces from under each top section loose to frame the face.
6. Once in shape, lightly spray Sebastian Professional Trilliant over the finished look for a touch of shimmer and shine.
[Images courtesy of DeVries Public Relations]
Other Backstage Beauty Articles: Erickson Beamon | Jill Stuart | Marc Jacobs | Lauren Moffatt | Rag + Bone | Peter Som Fall | Katie Gallagher | Rachel Roy | Christian Siriano | Derek Lam and Diane Von Furstenberg | Richard Chai | Houghton | Tadashi Shoji