According to Alicia Kiwacz and Daisy Rosania, stylists at Aurelio Salon (Howell and Toms River, NJ), when packing hair products for a quick getaway, guests should stick to the “can’t-do-without-essentials.”
Alicia recommends guests pack a styling product, hairspray, and anti-humidity product to cover all the bases.
Alicia likes KMS California HAIR PLAY Playable Texture because it builds texture with additional applications and can be reworked at any time to go from the beach to dinner. It also leaves hair feeling natural, not sticky. For light, airy texture and to accentuate layers, Alicia recommends that clients spray HAIR PLAY Playable Texture into dry hair.
Alicia also recommends KMS California FREE SHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray because it’s a straightening and curling spray for dry hair. For a quick, vacation-ready look, Alicia suggests guests spray FREE SHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray on dry hair before using hot tools. For best results, spray section by section and then again as a final step to hold the style.
KMS California HAIR STAY Anti-Humidity Spray Seal is a 24-hour humidity-blocking formula that shields hair from frizz, provides a shiny weightless finish and heat protection, which is perfect for the beach.
For a beautiful, breezy weekend look, Daisy recommends easy beach waves (see above). Below, she shares her how-to for creating the look.
Get the Look:
1. Shampoo and conditioner are optional, then comb out.
2. Spray with KMS California HAIR PLAY sea salt spray followed with KMS California FREE SHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray.
3. Use fingers to blow hair dry up to 80% or let dry in the sun.
4. Spray hair again with sea salt spray, continue to dry with fingers until 100% dry.
5. Take 2-3 inch sections and wand the hair; leave 1-2 inches of the ends kicked out for a natural beach wave. Run fingers through and spray with KMS California FREE SHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray.
[Image courtesy of Glow Communications]