Courtesy of RUSK
Following the release of its RUSKin10 shade extension collection, RUSK has released a breakdown of how to achieve this season's coveted hair color: Spiced Copper Lights.
To achieve the Spiced Copper Lights look, you’ll need:
- Formula 1: RUSKin10 13/4 oz. 6C + 1/2 oz. 8G = 21/4 oz. Rusk 20 Volume Developer
- Formula 2: For Glaze: 2 oz. Ruskin10 6C + 2 oz. Zero Lift
- First, apply Formula 1 to regrowth following the root melt, technique below:
- From the crown back to nape, root melt Formula 1 down 3 inches.
- From the crown forward, leaving out a 1-inch-deep parting along the front hairline, root melt Formula 1 down 2 inches.
- Apply Formula 1 to 1 inch of regrowth at the hairline parting.
- Start at the center back of the crown and form a horseshoe-shaped section ending at the hairline at the temples on the left and right sides.
- Carve a middle part in the horseshoe to form left and right quadrants. Clip both sections away.
- At the occipital, carve a parting from ear to ear. Divide this section into left and right quadrants with a center part, leaving out the hair below the occipital at the nape.
- Apply Formula 2 to nape section on zones 2 and 3. Start at the left back quadrant at the crown and carve out a diagonal back slice.
- Lay foil down and paint zones 2 and 3 with Formula 2. Continue the same technique with diagonal back slices, alternating Formula 1 and Formula 2 as you move toward the front hairline to complete the entire left side.
- In the right back section, carve a diagonal back slice, lay foil down and paint zones 2 and 3. Follow the same technique, alternating Formula 1 and Formula 2 to reach the right front hairline.
- Paint zones 2 and 3 of the 1-inch front hairline parting with Formula 1.