Powered by CLICS Color
A stunning range of CLICS radiant reds that are ready for fall as the season melts into winter—that will certainly warm you up! CLICS senior vice president of global creative direction, Chrystofer Benson, shares his creativity and breaks down his technique so you can give your clients a unique red perfect for the season.
“This technique works incredibly on many tonal palettes with simple sectioning, giving creative control to the artist and the guests’ individual uniqueness. The key to creating impact is by using a palette of cool to warm tones in the range and level selected,” Benson explains.
Starting Level: 3
- DECOLORIZING FORMULA: CLICS Creme Lightener (50 grams) with equal parts 20-volume (lift to level 8)
- BASE TONE: CLICS 2N (40 grams) + equal parts, 10-volume (demi)
- COLOR TONE #1: CLICS RED (30 grams) + equal parts 20-volume (demi)
- COLOR TONE #2: CLICS ORANGE (30 grams) + equal parts 20-volume (demi)
- COLOR TONE #3: CLICS VIOLET (15 grams) + 00N (15 grams) + 30 grams 20-volume (demi)
a) Two large triangle sections from the top of the head toward the face
b) Secure two medium triangles on each side of the head, from the top to the parietal ridge
c) Two smaller triangles at the crown on each side, leaving one last triangle in the center back
- Starting with the two larger triangle sections at the top of the head, decolorize with off-base blending to eliminate harsh lines.
- Decolorize the two medium triangles with off-base blending, again to eliminate harsh lines. It’s important to side-brush hair off the base to soften.
- For the two smaller triangles, decolorize with off-base blending.
- The last triangle in the back is also decolorized with off-base blending.
- Process all sections until a level eight is achieved.
- Shampoo, dry and re-section.
- Apply BASE TONE formula to everything outside of the pre-lightened triangles, scalp to ends; add foil to separate from the other sections.
- Starting at the top right of the first large triangle section, apply the BASE TONE formula at the base and soften to blend with COLOR TONE #1, which will be applied to mid-lengths through to the ends; add foil to separate.
- In the second large triangle section, apply BASE TONE color using a blending technique like the first section and blend out to COLOR TONE #2 on mid-lengths and ends; add foil to separate.
- For the two medium triangle sections, color the base with the BASE TONE color and blend through with COLOR TONE #3, which will be placed on mid-lengths and ends; add foil to separate.
- Release the two smaller triangles and apply base tone at the base, blending with COLOR TONE #2, which will be placed on mid-lengths and ends using foil to separate.
- The final triangle in the back will have a BASE TONE at the base and then blend out with COLOR TONE #1 on mid-lengths and ends; add foil to separate.
- Process entire head until maximum deposit is achieved.
- Rinse, shampoo and towel-dry hair. Apply COLOR LOCK as a salon finishing treatment to balance, restore and moisturize hair for long-lasting shine, which will be achieved in just five minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, dry and style.