As a celebrity walking the Met Ball red carpet, it's necessary to have a great look that will stand out. Lucie Doughty, John Paul Mitchell Systems Editorial Director, had the enviable task of doing Elizabeth Banks hair, and has shared her platinum card breakdown with Launchpad. She used the Paul Mitchell blonding system, Paul Mitchell the Color XG, and the new Color Craft system to take Banks from standard blonde (shown above) to platinum for this year’s Met Ball. Here's how she did it.
Natural Level: 6
Half an inch from base to mid-shaft: Level 6, tinted
Ends: Ranging from levels 8-10, golden blonde
Hair Color by John Paul Mitchell Systems Editorial Director, Lucie Doughty
- Start with Platinum Card technique using Paul Mitchell Dual Purpose Lightener + 30 volume on the level 6 tinted hair.
- Once lifted to a level 7, Paul Mitchell Dual Purpose Lightener + 10 volume was applied through the ends.
- After the mid-shaft and ends lifted to a level 8, Paul Mitchell Blonde SynchroLift + 20 volume was then applied to the base.
- The hair was then processed until everything had reached an even level 9.
- Rinsed then treated with a Awapuhi Wild Ginger KeraTriplex + Awapuhi Wild Ginger HydraTriplex treatment for strength and moisture.
- Toned with Paul Mitchell the Color XG UTA + pea-sized amount of Paul Mitchell the Color XG UTV + 20 Volume for 20 minutes.
- Hair was then rinsed and shampooed with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo.
- A rich treatment was used to condition lightened locks using Paul Mitchell’s new Color Craft Custom Color Treatment with Color Craft Liquid Color Concentrate in Misty Violet, minimum strength for 5 minutes.