Celebrity Stylist Charley Brown gave Mary Kate Olsen a feather-light, romantic updo using Wella Professionals for the 2012 MET Ball that was held in New York City.
“Mary Kate’s beauty visual became very personal, since it needed to represent her artistic integrity as a designer. With the complex combination of strong tailoring and romantic drapery of Mary Kate’s custom gown, her hair had to have the same complexity and impact that combined angelic romance with strength and simplicity,” says Charley on the inspiration for this look.
o Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo
o Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment Mask
o Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protectant Spray
o Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray
o Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray
o Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
Dress: The Row custom dress
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Jewelry: Fred Leighton
1. Start by washing the hair with Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment Mask to restore a healthy look to the hair.
2. Coat wet hair with Wella Professionals Stay Brilliant Color Protecting Lotion, then blow dry using a diffuser for maximum texture.
3. Once the hair is dry, separate the hair into four equal triangle-shaped sections.
4. Mix Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray in palms and separately pat down each section.
5. Shake out each section for maximum volume before crossing all sections to the top point, twisting and folding all of the hair into a knotted bun secured with hair pins.
6. Rub the silhouette of the hairline to bring out the baby hairs and intentional flyaways to give an essence of simple romance.
7. Lastly, spray a halo of Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to keep all those soft hairs and loose textures in place.
[Image: Stephen Lovekin/FilmMagic/GettyImages]
Related: Met Ball 2012: Marion Cotillard | Met Ball 2012: Emma Stone | Met Ball 2012: Christina Ricci | Met Ball 2012: Debra Messing | Met Ball 2012: Gisele Bundchen WATCH: 2012 Wella Trend Vision Trends Presented by P&G Salon Professional and Bellus Academy | Golden Globes Hair by Wella | Wella Professionals Brings on the Color | Hair by Wella: Selena Gomez at the Teen Choice Awards | WATCH: Soul Man | Hair by Wella: Nicole Richie at Charlotte Ronson Beauty Launch Event