Margot Robbie, nominee for her perfect performance in I, Tonya, dazzled at the Golden Globes, and her enviable blonde hue was created by none other than Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham! The colorist behind so many of Hollywood’s leading ladies, Cunningham shares her formula for Robbie’s golden locks below.
Part 1 – Highlight & Balayage Formula:
- All-over foil highlight with Redken Up to 7 Lightener and 30 Vol Pro-Oxide developer.
- For hair left out of foils, balayage Zone 2 & 3 with Free Hand Lightener and 30 Vol Pro-Oxide developer.
- Balayage hairline with Free Hand Lightener and 30 Vol Pro-Oxide developer.
Part 2 – Gloss Formula:
- Gloss Zone 1 with 1 oz Shades EQ Gloss 08N + 1 oz 09NB + 2 oz Processing Solution.
- Gloss Zones 2 & 3 with 1 oz Shades EQ Gloss 07W + 1 oz 07NB + 2 oz Processing Solution.
- Process for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
Tracey also shared her formula for Mariah Carey's golden locks on Instagram:
Did you know @mariahcarey is nominated for Best Original Song #goldenglobes #2018 #mariahcarey natural base is so light naturally so I break the base slightly to warm her up. I #hilight using only #flashllift @redken 10vol with 1/8oz of #olaplex and #balayage with 40vol 1/4oz @olaplex root #gloss with #shadeseq 08gg+09nb no gloss allover
And not to be outdone, Tracey also shared images of Sarah Paulson and Amanda Peet, whose hair she also colors.
#bffgoals These two!!!! @mssarahcatharinepaulson #amandapeet make me so happy! I’m also so grateful after so many years in a row of Sarah Paulson being nominated and not winning and then last year winning for best actress!!!!!! And Amanda ..... #broadway #playwrite Author and Actress doing their hair for 15 years.... I’m grateful #goldenglobes
[Image by Getty Images]