At Alice + Olivia's New York Fashion Week (NYFW) show, Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil global artistic director, created the bespoke hairstyles.
“I really wanted to capture the fun and femininity of this collection, while highlighting the adorable custom scrunchies that Alice + Olivia created! To do this we decided on a classic bun that is made playful with that pop of color, and it can be achieved on any hair length or texture,” says Hughes.
Get the Look:
- Apply a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment–or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer hair and lighter tones—from mid-lengths to ends to provide an ideal foundation for styling.
- Work Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion into hair from mid-lengths to ends to defrizz and leave locks silky.
- To protect from heat styling, apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defense throughout hair.
- Use Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer to blow hair straight and smooth.
- Utilize Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout hair to add dimension.
- Create a sleek middle part and then pull the rest of the hair back into a low ponytail, being sure to smooth as you go with the Moroccanoil Styling Comb.
- Secure with an elastic or elastic thread.
- Twist the ponytail and wrap it around the base elastic to create a tight bun, securing it as you go with bobby pins.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to strengthen the hold and stave off flyaways.