Twylla Jane, a Sam Villa ambassador, shares how to create a boho 'do in mere minutes.
"For formal looks, I encourage guests to be as comfortable as possible. If they don't like pulling their hair up and away, yet still want the ability to add a veil and/or accessories, this look is a great option outside of the traditional go-to half-up style," explains Jane.
Thickness, grip and texture are the building blocks for shape and staying power for a boho updo.
*Note: Before creating a special occasion look, use a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron throughout the entire head or on just a few hidden sections to amp up the foundation.
Get the look:
- Apply Redken Guts 10 to roots and blow dry with a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer and thermal round brush with the ion feature "off" to maximize volume. Then, using 1" sections horizontally, slice ¼" off the top of each section and compress with the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Iron to create additional thickness for extra hold and visual softness throughout the style.
- Take two diagonal back partings on each side starting from the temples and ending at the center back of the head. Create two ponytails at the nape in the outside sections and flip the ponytails through to help hide the elastic.
- Create a French braid in the center section using large subsections and finish with a regular braid down to the ends. Braid the outer two ponytails.
- Loop the outside braids through the center braid to incorporate all the braids together. Use bobby pins where necessary to secure the braids together.
- Soften braids by pulling random sections out gently to create fullness.
- Finish by adding accessories like fresh flowers, pearls, ribbons or accent pins.
"This style will last all day and get tons of compliments because of its uniqueness," says Jane.