This season, Ashtae is sharing its collection of textured holiday hairstyles.
Its collection aims to showcase the versatility of textures, offering readers a range of festive styles that blend sophistication with a touch of playfulness.
The Ashtae team has meticulously curated a portfolio of holiday looks that not only reflect current trends but also celebrate individuality. From tousled waves to intricately braided updos, each style is designed to make a statement and elevate the holiday spirit.
Hairstylist Ashley Jackson (@amichellehairstyles) created stunning butterfly halo braids and shares the tutorial for how to bring this stunning look to life.
- Cleanse the hair: Shampoo the hair with Ashtae Clarifying Shampoo & Ashtae Silk Protein Shampoo. Condition the hair with Ashtae Silk Protein Conditioner. Leave on the hair for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
- Detangle: Apply Ashtae Moisture Plus Leave-In Conditioner, then part the hair into 4-6 sections. Detangle each section from the ends to the roots. Twist the working section in one big twist and secure it. Repeat this step until each section is completely detangled.
- Blow Dry: Blow dry by section with medium to high heat using a comb attachment until the hair is completely dry. You may also use a concentrator and round brush for a smoother, straighter finish.
- Braid the Flower: Section the hair in a C shape from the temple to the top of the ear on either side. Form parts that resemble the petals of a flower and secure away the excess hair. Part each petal down the middle, and braid hair in a circle for the center of the flower.
- Braid each petal in a loop formation until the flower is completed. Add hair and create a knotless braid for the sideburn piece. Curl the end with a rod dipped in boiling water to set the curl. Leave the rod in the hair to dry.
- Create the Halo Braid: Beginning on the opposite side of the head from the flower, part the hair in a slightly curvy motion, ending the part in the middle of the nape of the head. Using the Ashtae Lay and Stay, cover the entire part and detail the part with a rat tail or parting comb, and secure one side out of the way.
- Braid Each Side Down: Apply Ashtae High Gloss Curl Wax, brushing through with a paddle brush. Braid neatly from the part tip to the scalp, securing the end under the braid with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side.
- Make the Butterfly Braid: Create the butterfly braid loosely using two packs of braiding hair. Every 2 to 3 overlaps, gently pull the sides of the braid, creating a butterfly-like design. Do this until you've reached the end of the braid, then repeat the process for the second braid. Attach this braid to the cornrow using concealed bobby pins.
- Add Accessories: Add any holiday accessories you like to the hairstyle with clips or hair glue.