Celebrity hairstylist Bryce Scarlett and Redken ambassador Tracey Cunningham know that loose glamorous waves are a timeless choice that make a lasting impression. That’s why they created an alluring blonde look on Margot Robbie for the premiere of The Suicide Squad.
The actress walked the red carpet with flowing flaxen locks parted down the middle, which can be easily replicated on your clients for any special events they may have this fall.
1. To prep Margot Robbie’s hair for styling, Bryce Scarlett spritzed Redken’s One United Multi-Benefit Spray all over her clean, damp hair and brushed the product through her ends to protect her hair from heat. He also sprayed Redken’s Volume Maximizer Thickening Spray onto her roots to give her weightless, flexible volume when drying.
2. Scarlett then went in with a two-inch boar bristle brush and began blowing out Robbie’s hair, aiming for her blonde locks to be smooth and full. He parted her hair down the center and neatly pulled two-inch sections along her hairline down behind her ears. To secure her style and make sure it was frizz-free all night long, he used Redken’s Triple Pure 32 Neutral Fragrance Hairspray.
3. Once the front of Robbie’s hair was styled, Scarlett focused on the crown of her head, where he worked Redken’s Deep Clean Dry Shampoo into the roots of her hair for soft volume and brushed it through the ends with a Mason Pearson brush.
4. He then used a 1.5-inch curling wand to loosely curl her hair into elegant waves. He wrapped her hair around the wand in two-inch sections and stretched out the waves by lightly pulling on the ends of her hair after it was off the iron and still a bit warm.
5. To finish off the look, Scarlett sprayed Redken’s Triple Pure 32 Neutral Fragrance Hairspray onto his Mason Pearson brush and gently brushed through her waves to give her style a glossy finish and long-lasting hold on the red carpet.