Hailee Steinfeld rocked the red carpet at the 2017 Video Music Awards. Her long locks were styled by celebrity hairstylist, Gregory Russell. He said, "Hailee and I were instantly inspired by her Versace Couture dress to create waist length hair that sports both texture and shine."
He also gave us the inside scoop on how to recreate the waves for your clients!
Step by Step:
- On Hailee’s damp hair, I started with a golf ball size of Kenra Whip Grip Mousse and massaged through the lengths of her hair to create body
- Next, I center parted her hair and blew out the Mohawk section with a round brush
- After, I roughly dried the rest of the hair to create a more natural texture
- In one inch sections, I sprayed Kenra Platinum Heat Block Spray before taking a flat iron to create subtle waves
- Once all through her hair, I sprayed mid-strands to the ends with Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Spray for added volume and texture
- To help add shine to her, I used a pearl sized amount of Kenra Platinum Snail CC Creme through the ends
- To set finish and set her hair, I used the Kenra Shaping Spray to tame any fly aways and hold the her face framing waves
[Images from Getty Images]