Hairstylist Eiji Yamane sculpts glamorous chignons for Zang Toi’s Fall/Winter 2016 collection. —Alyson Osterman-Kerr
At Zang Toi’s Fall/Winter 2016 runway show, the celebrated fashion designer transported the audience to the elegant Courchevel ski resort in the French Alps. Good thing hairstylist Eiji Yamane was on hand, crafting ’dos that reflected a similar winter resort-inspired aesthetic. Using Macadamia Professional products, Yamane created what he dubs the “Courchevel Chignon”: classic Hollywood glamour in front and loose knots in back, which paint the picture of a very sophisticated ice princess.
Get the Look
- Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
- Part hair over the right eye and curl the front left section of hair with a large curling iron to craft loose waves. Mist Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray over strands and pin back, taking care not to cause a crimp or mark with the pin. Run the curling iron through the right side, making a slight bend, and clip back.
- Take the remaining hair and pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Using a curling iron, curl the entire section at once to give slight softness and movement.
- Separate the ponytail into three sections. Take the left section and, curling up, create a large loop, hiding the ends inside the newly defined bun. Secure with bobby pins and spritz with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
- Repeat Step 4 with the middle and right sections of the ponytail to create a triple chignon.
- Remove clips from the front right section and loosely pull hair back along the side of the head, creating a light wave above the ear. Tuck the ends behind the chignon and secure in place with pins. Administer Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray.
- While holding hair in place with your hand, remove clips from the front left section and create dramatic waves cascading along the side of the head. Apply Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to hold waves in place, then tuck the ends behind the chignon and secure with pins.
- To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine
[Image: Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images]